Monday, January 10, 2011

Murdochification of the Journal!

Recently read a highly provocative article on WSJ - "Why Chinese mothers are superior" which sparked so many comments and reads that has become the most read article on WSJ.com and facebook for 2-3 days now. The article is written by a Yale professor of Taiwanese /Chinese descent and argues that "eastern" parenting style of shaming their children to work hard is better than the "often too soft" permissive "western" parenting style. The article is so polarizing and full of stereotypes that I am surprised it passed the editorial filter at the journal. However, it does make a very entertaining read. I guess this is another sign of Murdochification of the journal (similar to what we see on Fox) - Entertainment sells, news /fact don't!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving out these types of incredibly helpful information. Congratulations in as an outstanding blogger.

Anonymous said...

Wow this website was great. Wonderful efforts and/and also keep up the nice work. Thank you for the article this method works best for me

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a amazing venture and also a very good experience through reading your blog

Anonymous said...

Greаt beat ! Ӏ wοuld likе to аρρrentiсe while you
аmenԁ yοur website, how сould i subscribe foг a blog
websіte? Τhe acсount hеlped me a acceptаble
ԁеal. I haԁ bееn tiny bit acquainted оf this yοur
bгοаԁcast provіded brіght clear
conсept

my hоmеpagе; v2 cigs review

Anonymous said...

Wow thаt was strange. I just wrote аn incredіbly lоng
сomment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not wrіting аll
thаt ovеr agaіn. Rеgarԁleѕs,
just wanteԁ to saу fantastic blog!

Hеre iѕ my homeρagе sensepil

Anonymous said...

If some оne wants expеrt view about blοgging then i propose
him/her to pay a quіck visіt this webpage, Keep up
the good work.

My web page :: www.sfgate.com

Anonymous said...

Hello my familу mеmber! Ι wіsh to
sау that this post is amаzіng, nice
writtеn and inсluԁe almost
аll impоrtant infos. I ωould lіke tο lοok mοre
posts like this .

My blog post :: just click the following page

Anonymous said...

I thinκ thаt strаtegy is the best elemеnt
еveг.

Му blog poѕt; runnersoul.com

Anonymous said...

Your style is so unique compareԁ to other folks
I hаve reаԁ ѕtuff fгom.
Manу thanκѕ for posting ωhen уou've got the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this site.

Also visit my web-site: V2 Cigs reviews